I spent some time at Bunker Labs DC, part of Capitol Post, in Old Town Alexandria — it’s an exciting place to be. Bunker Labs is a startup accelerator (like Y Combinator or TechStars) focused on helping Veterans start and grow and new companies. Their first class of startups is graduating in December 2015 and it’s exciting to be around several entrepreneurs as they are building brand new companies. The first class of startups include:
- Bounds Associates – program management and acquisition consulting firm
- Snowcreek Consulting – management and consulting services firm
- Women’s Society of Cyberjutsu – advances girls and women through cybersecurity programs
- Z Street Consulting – professional services firm focused on financial management and process improvement
- SRVD – building a brand that unifies service members and Veterans
- CLASP Advisors – security consulting for K-12 schools
- KeHller Group – professional consulting firm
Bunker has been hosting a Summer Series (which still has some exciting classes left if you’re interested) with free training for entrepreneurs in the DC-area — it’s a program you should check out if you’re a small business leader, entrepreneur, or future entrepreneur. The upcoming classes are listed at Capitol Post Summer Series
I’m excited that I go to to be part of their series — I spoke yesterday about technology strategy for entrepreneurs, including how to pick technologies, develop associated processes, develop your technology goals, and define your enterprise architecture.
Here are the materials I presented to the class:
- The slides from my presentation are available at IT 101 for Entrepreneurs
- Here is a template for developing your company’s Technology Strategy
Thanks for a really informative session yesterday at the Bunker Labs DC!
[…] been a year since I last taught at Capitol Post (https://mikehking.com/2015/09/11/talking-technology-bunker-labs/), and it’s great to see how much they’ve grown (the office is beautiful and their […]